Gamma Technologies (GT) acquired the FEMAG software portfolio. FEMAG is an electromagnetic simulation solution for electrical machines based on the physical finite element method. It has been continually further developed and enhanced by ProFEMAG AG and Semafor Informatik und Energie AG, which are both based in Basel. The project was first launched at the Institute of Electrical Machines at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH) in 1982.
FEMAG is an application software system for the electric machine design such as Permanent Magnet (PM), Reluctance and Synchronous Motors. It is managed by a graphical user interface, uses a relational database and bundles a number of calculation programs including FEMAG Classic, a finite-element calculation program for electro-magnetic fields.
The system can easily be adapted to different environments as all interfaces (user interface, calculation programs, database) are fully configurable by a simple scripting language. This configuration script is interpreted by Intens on startup.
The FEMAG cloud system consists of following services implemented as docker containers:
- web Authentication, Session Handling, Browser Communication (via HTTPS, Websockets), View Creation
- db Users, Components and Projects Repository with Approval and Configuration Management
- intens Session Manager with Data Pool, Process Control, UI-Layout
- api-gateway Calculation Programs Invocation
- femag FE-Model Creation, Field Calculation